Ultimate Boulder Summer To-Do List!
It’s officially summer and by now you probably know that Boulder summers are second to none! Don’t worry if World Cup fever has prevented you from getting crackin’ at your “Summer To-Do” list, I’ve got you covered with a couple Boulder summer must-do’s!
- First things first: Get outside! Boulder (and basically the entire state of Colorado) is home to the active, outdoor folk. During the summer, you can find a plethora of hiking, climbing, biking, running, and water-sporting opportunities. Boulder alone boasts dozens of trails to explore with spectacular views. The Flatirons are a classic but Mt. Sanitas (also a classic and which offers equally spectacular views of the plains), is a great workout and is just a short walk from downtown. Runners and bikers will find a new trail everyday on the flats in east Boulder or along the Boulder Creek Path.
- Sunrise Hike: Speaking of trails… if you’re feeling extra-adventurous and okay with waking up before the sun, head to Settler’s Park at dawn to watch the sunrise over the east (we all know Boulder has the best sunrises!). Remember to bring head lamps and flashlights, and definitely don’t forget your camera! Extra points if you pack a light breakfast and enjoy a sunrise picnic!
- Live Music: Colorado really digs music. And being home to the beautiful Red Rocks Amphitheater, how can we not?? Check the Red Rocks calendar and plan to see your favorite artist on the rocks. (This is a MUST for any Boulderite!) Boulder also has plenty of FREE live music during the summer. From Conor O’Neil’s to Centro to the St. Julien, plenty of venues offer free shows by local musicians. A personal favorite is Pearl St.’s Band on the Bricks where you can enjoy a cocktail and some sushi on Japango’s patio and listen to some great music!
- Boulder Cruiser Ride: Everyone loves a Happy Thursday! Start your weekend each Thursday evening with the Boulder Cruisers who ride in a pack of over 100 pulling coolers and stereo-systems on neon-lit bikes through the city. Each week is a different theme so be sure to check HERE for updates! (Note: the crazier the costume, the better!)
- Roof Toppin: In my book, the best way to enjoy a summer night is with friends on a roof top sippin’ a drink or 2 as we watch the sun set on the Flatirons. And with views like this, we doubt you’ll disagree.
- Sit out by the creek and get some sun, maybe kick around a soccer ball! The creek is packed this time of year with tourists and locals alike, enjoying a relaxing day by the water. If you decide to go for a dip, check with the city to make sure there are no bans!
- Explore Boulder with your Boulder Passport! The Passport Program allows passport-holders to enjoy 2-for-1 drink specials at participating passport locations (40 of Boulder’s best restaurants, bars, breweries, and wineries!)… Unfortunately it’s all sold out now, but find a new friend with a passport and make them take you along! 😉
Don’t forget to document all your summertime adventurous and post them to our Facebook page! Have a fun summer!