Autumn Ales are in the Air
Leaves are crunching beneath your feet, the air’s a little crisper, and you’re dreaming of apple cider and pumpkin pie – Fall is here. Truly my favorite time of year, I couldn’t be more excited to taste some seasonal ales in the Boulder area this Autumn. So, with the help of the amazing team at Hazel’s Beverage World, I went to picking and found some sweet pumpkin and malty local Oktoberfest flavors. Here’s a few that I’d definitely recommend to you seasonal beer lovers:
- Pump Action by 4 Noses Brewing Co.: An Imperial Pumpkin Ale that’s sweet and spicy in all the right ways, this brew takes your mouth for a journey. Brewed just down the road in Broomfield, 4 Noses gives us a delightful sweet treat for the spooky season.
- Oktoberfest by 4 Noses Brewing Co.: Clearly, 4 Noses is crushing it this Fall with their seasonal blends brewed for our enjoyment. In this hoppy Marzen Style Lager, you can sense the cozy caramel malts blended with the Hallertau Hops, giving this pilsner its traditional German Oktoberfest flavor.
- Oktoberfest by Left Hand Brewing Co.: Another Marzen Lager that hits your tastebuds with that strong malt flavor, but then the wonderful sensation of cinnamon and allspice takes over, toning down the malt. Grab a pint just up the Foothills in Longmont at Left Hand’s Brewery!
- The Farmer’s Daughter by Grimm Brothers Brewhouse: Known for their seasonal ales, Grimm Brother’s takes the cake with this hoppy Oktoberfest Lager. Visit their brewery, not too far from Boulder in Loveland, CO.
- Fluffy Pumpkin by Odyssey Beerwerks: This marshmallowy goodness “brings the campfire treats right to your pint,” according to the Odyssey brewmasters down in Arvada. My sweet tooth couldn’t have been happier with this pumpkin porter caressed with irresistible toasted marshmallow.
- WIBtoberfest by Wibby Brewing: Specializing in German style ales, Wibby was made for the Oktoberfest brewing season! This Munich Marzen Lager keeps true to the traditional Oktoberfest style, giving your mouth quite the experience.
- Pumpkin Ale by Upslope Brewing Co.: This Boulder brewed ale is jam-packed with baby bear pumpkins, both grown and harvested by Munson Farms. An award-winning beer, the Pumpkin Ale brings the flavors of your grandmother’s pumpkin pie to life with all the spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, and more.
I encourage all of you beer lovers to pick up some of these seasonal ales because we all know that they’re only here for a limited time! Get your Autumn Ales while they last!