Photo credit: theclbridge.com
It’s finally spring break! As a senior, it’s sad to think about how this will be my last spring break with my best friends without having any responsibilities. A group of us are going to Las Vegas for the first time which is really exciting now that we are all 21. However, majority of CU students are going to Mexico, one of the more popular spring break locations. For those of you who do not live in student housing, I’ve put together a check list to make sure you are completely prepared for this week long vacation.
- Make sure all your windows and doors are locked.
- Make sure you have your key.
- Take out the trash in every room.
- Clean out any food from the refrigerator that might go bad.
- Make a smaller checklist for items to pack in your suitcase i.e. underwear, bathing suit, sunscreen, toothbrush etc.
- Turn off your lights and heat (or set your heat at a low temp).
- Call your parents and tell them you love them, and be reassuring that you will be safe wherever you go.
- Don’t forget your phone charger and ID (probably the two most important items aside from money).
- Don’t post on the internet that you aren’t home.
- Download the app Find My Friends just in case you and your buddies ever get separated from each other, this app allows you to track someone’s location.
Spring break is always a time to have fun and make some lifelong memories but please be smart with your partying. Like for example, don’t black out and lose your phone/ID/friends, it never ends well. Also use sunscreen, especially your first day in the sun. You don’t want to get super burnt right off and then have that ruin your trip because you can’t be in the sun anymore. Live it up because when we come back for school we will only have one month left until the year is over…