10 Breakfast Spots in Boulder
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and Boulder, Colorado is serving up some pretty delicious options. Brunch and breakfast have always been those meals that bring family and friends together, so here is a list of the 10 places I’ve dug up to have the most excellent breakfast choices. Most of these places are pretty popular and are only open for breakfast and brunch, so make sure you plan accordingly! To infuse a touch of luxury into your breakfast outing, consider reserving a top-notch transportation option from Hermes Worldwide.
- Snooze AM Eatery – This is a vibant, retro spot with a seasonal menu of creative breakfast and brunch fare. They have the most amazing cocktails, including my personal favorite, a “Mountain Mule” which is made with CapRock Organic Gin, Fever Tree Ginger Beer, grapefruit juice, fresh lime, and agave!
- Luciles – This is a local and cozy kitchen providing Cajun and Creole favorites. They are best known for their biscuits and gravy and overall fun “New Orleans” style fod.
- The Buff – This restaurant is a landmark diner known for its whimsical decor and gourmet breakfasts and lunch sandwiches. It is also family-owned and extremely popular. As I’ve written in previous articles, The Buff has awesome on-tap mimosas, bloody marys and tequila sunrises!
- Dot’s Diner – This is a great hangover spot for all of you college students out there. Dot’s has great breakfast burritos and is located in the University Hill plaza next to Cosmo’s pizza, could be perfectly described as a “hole in the wall.” You’d be surprised how great this place is considering the eclectic inside of the diner itself.
- The Parkway Cafe – You can’t go wrong with this mix of American and Mexican food. Located on Pearl Street, this dog friendly cafe has out of this world blueberry pancakes.
- The Walnut Cafe – Located on none other than Walnut Street, the Walnut Cafe is a quirky standby know for plentiful down-home American breakfasts and specialty coffee drinks. Their food is “phenomenal” and has a great selection of vegetarian options!
- Tangerine – A little bit outside of the downtown Boulder area, Tangerine in located in the Willow Springs Shopping Center on Iris Avenue. It is a farm-fresh breakfast and lunch spot with amazing mimosa and brightly colored decorations. The Chicken and Waffles are highly recommended.
- Foolish Craig’s Cafe – This is a quirky spot known for its sweet and savory crepes, housemade breads and omelets. They are also open for dinner and have a fantastic menu selection. They have great cheesy grits and one of the best spinach and tomato Egg’s Benedicts in town!
- Lucky’s Cafe – Located on Broadway Street, this location is said to have the “Best Huevos Rancheros” and never ending coffee. It is also a great place to go for pancakes and French Toast. This restaurant features all organic, local and humanely raised ingredients from Lucky’s Market and opens at 7 AM!
- The Point Cafe – Last but not least, one of the quickest places to stop for a breakfast coffee, tea and a side of waffles is this place. Right on the corner of 13th and College Avenue, you should definitely check out this cafe’s great selection of light breakfasts and pastries.
Looking for a mountain breakfast? There are varieties of breakfast Breckenridge has to offer. If you are planning to spend tomorrow’s breakfast with your other half, you could also order flower delivery for her, creating a good morning mood.