Boulder Holiday Events
For those of you out there wild enough to dress up like Santa and enjoy the community event Boulder SantaCon ( this year is year 9!)
SantaCon is a mass gathering of people dressed in Santa Claus costumes parading publicly on streets and in bars in cities around the world. The focus is on spontaneity and creativity, while having a good time and spreading cheer and goodwill. Well folks, it was pretty darn fun! But that is adult time, and I know a lot of you have kids, so today is less of a history lesson and more of a traditional holiday to do list in Boulder this lovely season.
Today is Small Business Saturday, and Boulderites are encouraged to do their holiday shopping a local small businesses today.
Next Saturday, December 6th at 6 pm is the 27th annual Downtown Boulder’s Lights of December Parade. Lots of fun for the whole family watching floats, and enjoying a community parade.
There are also some local Holiday Gift Fairs and Markets .
Alternative Holiday Gift Fair; December 06 – 07, 2014
- Location: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Address: 898 14th St., Boulder, CO
- Times: Dec. 6: 4-7pm Dec. 7: 8-2pm
- Admission: FREE
- Phone: 303-819-8175
And Re/Max Holiday Trunk Show
- December 4, 2014
- Location: Re/Max of Boulder
- Address: 2425 Canyon Blvd., Boulder, CO
- Time: 3-7pm • Phone: 303-489-6241
And The Amazing Artastic Fare
- December 5, 2014
- Location: Horizons K8 School
- Address: 4545 Sioux Drive, Boulder, CO
- Time: 12-3pm
- Phone: 720-561-3600
Now for folks to get a little holiday culture, you might want to check out Holiday Festival
A lively program of seasonal music and festive holiday decorations in Macky Auditorium inspire sold-out audiences and make the Holiday Festival a beloved annual tradition. Choirs, orchestra, ensembles and faculty soloists from the CU-Boulder College of Music invite you to share the joy and warmth of the season with your family and friends.
- December 05 – 07, 2014
- Recurring daily
- Address: University of Colorado @ Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
- Venue: Macky Auditorium • Time: 7:30pm and 4pm (some days)
- Phone: 303-492-8008
And for the kids St. Nick on the Bricks
- Where: Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center, 1301 Pearl Street
- When: Friday November 28, and Saturdays November 29 – December 20,2014; 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m
Kids of all ages can visit with Santa for FREE at the Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center. Whether you are asking for a fire engine for Tommy, a new doll for Molly, or a diamond ring for mommy, bring your list and a camera to capture priceless holiday memories.