Boulder’s Favorite Dog Friendly Hiking Trails
Boulder, Colorado is an ideal place for hiking with dogs due to its natural beauty, diverse terrain, and dog-friendly culture. The city is located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and has over 150 miles of trails, making it a perfect destination for dog owners looking for outdoor adventures.
One of the reasons Boulder is such a great place for hiking with dogs is that the city is very dog-friendly. Many of the trails in Boulder allow dogs off-leash, as long as they are under voice and sight control. The city also has a number of dog parks and off-leash areas where dogs can run and play off-leash. Additionally, many restaurants and cafes in Boulder have outdoor seating areas where dogs are welcome, making it easy for dog owners to grab a bite to eat after a day of hiking.
Some of the more popular hiking trails in Boulder for dogs include:
- Chautauqua Park: This park is one of the most popular hiking destinations in Boulder and has several trails that are dog-friendly. Dogs are allowed off-leash on the Enchanted Mesa Trail, Chautauqua Trail, and Bluebell-Baird Trail.
- Mount Sanitas: This challenging hike offers stunning views of the city and surrounding mountains. Dogs are allowed off-leash on the trail but must be kept on a leash in the parking lot and on the lower section of the trail.
- South Boulder Peak: This trail offers a challenging ascent up a rocky peak and incredible views of the surrounding mountains. Dogs are allowed off-leash on the trail but must be kept on a leash in the parking lot.
- Boulder Creek Path: This paved trail follows Boulder Creek through the city and is a great option for a leisurely walk or bike ride with your dog. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times on this trail.
- Betasso Preserve: This park has several hiking and biking trails that are dog-friendly. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times in the preserve.
Overall, Boulder, Colorado is an excellent destination for hiking with dogs. With its natural beauty, diverse terrain, and dog-friendly culture, the city offers a wide variety of trails and parks where dogs can run and play off-leash. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or a challenging hike, there’s something for everyone in Boulder.