Christmas Fun Around Boulder County
It’s clear around Boulder that the holidays are in full swing. Just look toward that giant lighted star in the foothills and you know its time to do something festive. So here’s a list of many festive things going on right here in Boulder County.
- Christmas with the King Singers, Mackey Auditorium on Thursday December 11, 7:30 p.m.
- A Broadway Christmas Carol, University Theater CU starting on Friday December 12, at 7:30 p.m. and reoccurring on December 13th, 19th, 20th, 21st
“If Charles Dickens had huddled with Rodgers and Hammerstein, Andrew Lloyd Webber, and Matt Stone and Trey Parker to write a holiday show, they just might have come up with A Broadway Christmas Carol. Simultaneously irreverent and respectful, the play offers a fresh, hilarious and charmingly recognizable retelling of Dickens’ classic holiday ghost story, complete with new lyrics to famous Broadway show tunes.” -from the CU website
- Glory of Christmas, First Presbyterian Church on Friday December 12 at 7 p.m. and reoccurring on December 13th at 3 and 7 p.m.
A musical celebration and benefit concert, read more by following the link.
- Charlie Brown Goes to the Nutcracker, St. Julien Hotel, Saturday December 13 at 6:30 p.m.
- St. Nick on the Bricks, Pearl Street Mall, Saturday December 13 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on December 20
“Kids of all ages can visit with Santa at the Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center. Whether you are asking for a fire engine for Tommy, a new doll for Molly or a diamond ring for mommy, bring your list and a camera to capture priceless holiday memories.”
- Scrooge… A Holiday Flight, Dairy Center for the Arts, Friday December 12 at 7:30 p.m. and reoccurring on December 13th and 14th
The classic tale of Scrooge meets flying trapeze artists
- Scrooge: Bah Humbug!, Jester’s Dinner Theater, Friday December 12 at 7:30 p.m. and reoccurring on December 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th
Dinner and a show all in one!
- Sunflower Farm- December Lights, Sunflower Farm Longmont, December 13 4-7 p.m. and reoccurring on December 20th and 27th
Hayrides and toasted marshmallows as well as a visit to see the peaceful sleeping farm animals
- A Homestead Christmas, Wise Homestead Mueseum, Saturday December 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
See how Christmas was on a historical homestead!
- Hammond’s Candy Cane Festival, Erie Community Library, Saturday December 13th
- Winter Skate, Old Fashioned Outdoor Iceskating, 824 Front Street Downtown Louisville, Open Thankgiving until end of February
Have a Holly Jolly Holiday!!