Colorado is edging towards a full shutdown as it was announced that non-essential workplaces must cut their workforce in half starting this week, sending yet another wave of people to sit at home. While you may be tempted to just live your life as you normally would, it’s best to stay at home to help #flattenthecurve so we can all get back to a normal life sooner rather than later.
That being said, sitting at home can be boring and stressful for a population that’s hooked on their morning kombucha and yoga class, so here’s 7 ways to stay sane while staying inside.
2. Practice yoga or other at-home exercise–I know it’s not the same as going to a class, but Down Dog has made its app free for the time and you don’t have to hold in your farts at home
3. Watch Tangled and do the things she sings about doing while bored in her tower. If you really want to go on a conspiracy theory deep-dive, the kingdom in the movie is called Corona…at least there’s a happy ending?
A bonus from the song for things to do:
Then after lunch it’s puzzles and darts and baking
Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making
Then I’ll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb
Sew a dress!
4. Pick out one weird ingredient you always see on menus at hipster restaurants, order it online, and force yourself to cook with it. Like chia seeds in chocolate chip cookies
5. While ordering your chia seeds, order a really high quality coffee online since you’re not getting your coffee from the break room anymore. Be warned, this will make you a coffee snob
6. Move around all your furniture to see how it changes the space. If you’re like me, you’ll realize there was a reason your furniture was the way it was, and that’s because your apartment is so small there’s only one conceivable way the furniture could fit in the room that doesn’t have the fridge in the middle of the kitchen
7. Grow a beard! No shave November has started early, and theoretically if you keep growing it until November you could compete in
Kaylee was raised (but not *technically* born) in Colorado. She graduated from Regis University with a bachelor of arts in English. During her time at Regis she worked as a teaching assistant in a freshman classroom setting and in the writing center helping students on a variety of topics. While there, she discovered Cura Personalis, or care for the entire person, leading to her love of feminism and desire for equal rights for all. Kaylee is the managing editor for AboutBoulder,OnDenver, and a key member of the OnMetro team, launching this platform in cities across the United States.
AboutBoulder.com is a locally-owned and operated directory and information guide for Boulder County Colorado
Discover the best of Boulder shopping, restaurants, night life, breweries, events, business, outdoors, fun, local life, real estate, transportation, jobs, and schools. ED Treament Online in Colorado
Looking for what to do in Boulder? AboutBoulder.com has columnists, and bloggers to keep you up to date on the best of Boulder, Colorado.
MetroSampler Mailing Address:
2770 Arapahoe Rd Ste 132
Lafayette, CO 80026