Be Creative This Halloween!
Photo credit: Lily Lemire
Halloween is quickly approaching and that means there isn’t a whole lot of time left to pull an original costume together. I’m someone who likes to start thinking of costumes in the summer (sounds a little overzealous) but I like to be something that not a lot of other people are going to be. I also like to stay away from costumes that you know will be “popular” due to influential TV shows or movies, etc. during the year. Putting thought into your costume makes the experience of Halloween a lot more fun. My favorite costumes tend to involve puns. Be creative!
The costumes that a lot of people will probably dress as this year are:
- Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton
- Eleven from Stranger Things (along with the cast)
- Harley Quinn and the Joker
- Clowns (even with the scary things that have been happening with clowns lately, we know there will be some people who think it’s funny, though it’s terrifying for the rest of us.)
- Ghost busters
- Characters from Game of Thrones (especially Khaleesi and John Snow)
- Characters from Orange is the New Black
Then there are costumes that are over done every year, these are the typical “last minute” costumes:
- Super heroes
There are two weeks left to come up with good ideas for Halloween so I encourage everyone to not wait until the last minute! Hopefully this will at least get you thinking of what to be. Try and be original. Have the costume that people will wish they were in and will want to be the following year!