Looking for Easy Soup Recipes? Here are Some Tasty Ones
The popularity of soup can be attributed to its simplicity and affordability. It is also an easy way to prepare something for dinner while still eating healthily without breaking your budget. Soup is so popular because it’s easy to make and easy to eat. You don’t need any utensils, and it doesn’t need any special cooking skills so anyone can make and eat them. The ingredients are also very versatile, so you can change the recipe depending on what you have in your fridge. To that end, here are some easy soups you can make at home with essential ingredients.
Navy Bean Soup (Easy Instant Pot Recipe)
Navy Bean Soup is a staple of the American diet and is made from navy beans, bacon, white onion, celery, and chicken broth. Navy Bean Soup is a quick and easy dish that has been around for ages. It’s excellent as a first course or side dish for any meal. This soup can also be reheated and enjoyed throughout the week if necessary! This Instant Pot navy bean soup is made with many ingredients you should have in your fridge and is made using the fantastic Instant Pot device. It makes cooking effortless and cleaning a cinch.
- 1 x pound navy beans
- 1 x onion chopped
- 3 x chopped garlic cloves
- 2 x potatoes nicely cubed
- 3 x carrots roughly cut
- 2 x tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 x cup celery
- 2 x cups chicken broth
- 1 x cup ham cubed
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the saute setting and add in your butter.
- Place the garlic and onions in and allow to sweat for 3 minutes.
- Next, add in your celery and carrots and wait another 2 minutes.
- Once they have been sufficiently sauteed, add the chicken stock, potatoes, ham, and beans to the pot.
- Stir well and ensure the ingredients are covered. You can add in more water if necessary.
- Cook on high pressure for around 40 minutes.
- Release pressure, serve into bowls, and enjoy your hearty soup!
Gazpacho Made Easy
Gazpacho is a cold tomato soup that originated from the region of Andalusia in southern Spain. It has different variations, but the typical gazpacho consists of red bell pepper, onion, cucumber, garlic, bread soaked in olive oil, and some form of vinegar, tomato puree, salt, and water. The mixture may also contain cayenne pepper or even Tabasco sauce to add flavor and spice. This recipe is decidedly more straightforward!
- 2 x cups tomato juice
- 4 x medium tomatoes (peel the skin and chop finely)
- 1/2 x cup chopped and peeled cucumber
- 1/3 x cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 x cup olive oil
- 1/4 x cup cider vinegar
- 1 x tsp sugar
- 1 x minced garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Stir well, ensuring that everything is adequately mixed.
- Store in your fridge until chilled.
- Serve with some homemade bread.
Hot or cold, soups are simple to make and fill you with happiness and joy. In essence, you can add anything you want, allowing you to create soups with leftovers that you don’t want to throw out. Hopefully, these recipes will get your taste buds tingling and raring to get into the kitchen.