9 Restaurant Patios That Let You Enjoy the Sunshine in Boulder
With May almost over, the summer sun is becoming a little more friendly as summer in Boulder, Colorado sets in. Why not enjoy it at one of the many lovely patios that Boulder’s restaurants feature? Here is the short list of our favorite patios to dine and drink on.
- The Corner – Right on the corner of 13th and College Avenue is the well-known The Corner cafe. Students can be found here studying in between classes, catching a break with one of their drinks from the bar, or enjoying the sunshine. It is common you will see a dog (or five) leashed up along this patio, their owners enjoying one of The Corner’s many delicious dishes. I wrote an article about their “bowls” a few weeks back, if you are in need of a menu suggestion.
- The Kitchen Next Door – Located along Pearl Street, this patio has to be my favorite. I love sitting along the outdoor “bar style” patio deck and people-watching on a Friday afternoon. Don’t forget to order The Kitchen’s kale chips, undeniably the best in town.
- The Rio Grande – An extremely popular roof top bar is The Rio Grande, which you should expect a very long wait. But the wait, and the view – is worth it. The Rio features many delicious house margaritas and other classic Mexican food items.
- Riverside Cafe – If you are looking for a cafe that is a little more low-key, check out this hidden location on the corner of Broadway and Arapahoe. From the front, there is no way to tell that the back of this restaurant is actually a lovely patio bordering the Boulder Creek. This is one of my favorite spots to relax in the summer time. The Riverside has delicious burgers and other appetizers to try.
- Centro Latin Kitchen – Centro’s patio on Pearl Street is very popular, and offers a dual inside and outside patio. There are many high cocktail tables and it is a great spot for people-watching, as well as downing a couple “Coin Margs” for Happy Hour. The patio is also available year round with heat lamps, so just in case the weather in Boulder decides to switch up on us (let’s be honest, it always does), you can gaurantee Centro has got you covered.
- West End Tavern – This tavern is a brick pub popular for burgers and other American food. It has a very extensive drink menu, a roof lunge, and exquisite mountain views. Most popular on Mondays, it has also been said to be the “Best BBQ in Boulder.”
- The Lazy Dog – The Lazy Dog is a great place to sit back, enjoy a beer and watch your favorite sports team on one of their many giant TV’s. The rooftop is partially covered, and there is often live music to be played here. It is an all around great bar and restaurant in Boulder to hang out at.
- Brasserie Ten Ten – This cafe is a lovely mix of french cuisine, and is especially good on a weekend morning for brunch. If your family is in town, this is the perfect location and price.
- T|aco – This patio may be on the small side, but with as good of tacos as this spot offers, it doesn’t matter. You can enjoy the sunshine with a Pineapple Habernero margarita and any of their tapas-style tacos.
Be sure to check out my Instagram, @foodie_boco, for updates on what I am loving and eating!