How to Stay Sane During a Socially Distant Weekend in Boulder
It’s Friday, there’s fresh snow on the ground, and even more in the mountains. The sun’s going to shine throughout the weekend, and yet the ski resorts sit empty, state and national parks are closed, and the entire state of Colorado is on lock-down. So how does one of the most active cities in the country, possibly the world, have an active and healthy weekend during this pandemic?
- Socially Distant Exercises – Riding a bike, hiking, or even just going for a walk can help you get some vitamin D therapy, just don’t do so in groups and remain at least 6 feet apart
- Read a Good Book – If you cant work out your body, work out your brain
- Start/Invest in a Hobby – That instrument you bought and never really learned, that language you took in high school but have totally forgotten, or that art project you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t found the time, nows the time!
- Home Improvement – If there are DIY projects that have sat unaccomplished, and you can do them yourself without countless trips to McGuckin’s (take advantage of their curbside pickup to mitigate exposure), get it done!
- Mediate, Relax, and Enjoy some Quiet Time – Use this opportunity to give your mind and body a break
Just remember, we have a duty to our fellow humans to continue to socially distance ourselves. Please do everything you can to keep yourself and the ones around you safe and healthy, and thank a healthcare worker!