10 Fun Things to do During Boulder’s Winters
Boulder, Colorado winters are typically cold and snowy. Temperatures can range from the low 20s to the high 30s (Fahrenheit) with occasional cold snaps and wind chill. Snowfall is common and can vary greatly from year to year, with an average of around 80 inches per season. Despite the cold and snow, many outdoor enthusiasts still enjoy skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and other winter sports in the surrounding mountains.
Here are some popular and favorite things to do in Boulder during the winter months:
- Skiing and snowboarding at the nearby resorts such as Eldora Mountain Resort and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Snowshoeing in the beautiful Boulder Mountain Parks.
- Ice skating at the Scott Carpenter Park rink.
- Cross-country skiing at the Betasso Preserve.
- Winter hiking in the Flatirons.
- Sledding and tubing at the Valmont Bike Park.
- Taking a hot air balloon ride to see the winter landscapes.
- Indulging in a hot spring soak at the Indian Hot Springs.
- Enjoying the winter farmers market, food and drinks scene.
- Participating in winter festivals and events such as the Boulder Winterfest and the Fire and Ice Festival.