Where to Ski This Weekend
Well with Wednesday’s snow, Colorado sure is feeling the winter magic now. Around Boulder grocery clerks and friendly folks keep saying “stay warm.” Toes across the Front Range shiver in wool socks and boots. And leaves? They are pretty much all gone.
But this all means that ski and snowboard season is upon us! Several resorts are already open and the others will be opening very soon. Here’s where you can check out the powder this weekend. Check out the links to the resorts’ websites for more information about specific lifts and runs.
- Arapahoe Basin– They’ve opened 20% of their blue trails
- Ski Loveland– Some beginner and moderate trails open
- Keystone– Has 4 lifts and 4 runs open
- Copper Mountain– Only 1 lift is open and 2 trails- but I bet there’ll be more soon!
- Wolf Creek– Small resort but this place is 100% open
Opening this Weekend
- Breckenridge– Opens November 13, AKA tomorrow!
- Aspen Mountain– Due to all this snow Colorado has been getting, these guys are having a preview weekend for November 14 and 15 and then will close during the week to officially open for the season on November 21
- Winter Park opens November 18
- Eldora opens November 20
- Vail opens November 20
- Snowmass Mountain and Aspen Mountain opens November 21
- Beaver Creek opens November 25
- Crested Butte opens November 25 (And the first day is a free day for everyone!)
- Steamboat opens November 25
That should give you some options for enjoying the snow!