7 Unknown and Fascinating Facts About Boulder
Think you know everything there is to know about Boulder? See how many of these fun facts you already know!
2. Boulder‘s Third Flatiron towers are taller than the Empire State Building and have been climbed by people without using their hands, on roller skates, and naked (by separate people)
3. Between Coors, Anheuser Busch, and Avery Brewing in Colorado, this area is the largest beer-producing triangle in the world
4. Boulder has more used bookstores per capita than any other city in the country
5. Chautauqua meadow was used as the background for the “Mork & Mindy” television show
6. One may not actually “own” a pet within the Boulder city limits: technically, the town’s citizen are merely “pet guardians,” and the pets own themselves
7. Before he was famous, Robert Redford was a janitor at local pizza and burger joint The Sink. Still an institution in downtown Boulder, The Sink is now a 100% wind-powered operation, and President Obama once nibbled a pizza there (his choice, now renamed the POTUS, was pepperoni, Italian sausage, green pepper, black olive, red onion, and mozzarella cheese)