Students! Many of you won’t be headed home for the holiday and instead will be confined to Boulder and whomever else has also decided to skip the family affair. Thanksgiving is usually a time to gather with siblings, grandparents and cousins. However, for those of us who stay in Boulder, Thanksgiving can take on a new aroma: one scented by friends. This is Friendsgiving!
Honestly, you don’t even necessarily need to stay in Boulder for Thanksgiving in order to have Friendsgiving. Many students are simply using the gathering as a way to celebrate friendship with food.
Here are some of 2015’s most desirable dishes that’ll make this years Friendgiving one for the (cook)books!
1) Garlic Mashed Potatoes : A new and more modern twist on the classic
2) Lobster Mac-n-Cheese: Who said Thanksgiving feasts only allow turkey?
3) Gravy: Homemade is best
4) Bread Stuffing: The staple
5) Green Bean Casserole: An unhealthy twist on a vegetable
6) Roasted Salmon: Although this recipe calls for brown sugar & mustard, it’s still considered to be on the healthier side
…and now for desserts —