Where to Find the Best Summer Salads in Boulder
The lovely month of June is only 2 days away, and what better way to spend a summer day than munching on a deliciously healthy salad? I have compiled a list of about 5 of my favorite salads from local restaurants in Boulder, Colorado. I love grabbing a light salad for lunch, especially in the summer when it can be hot and I’m not craving something too “heavy” to eat. Look no further, here is the short list of my personal favorite salads for the summer, and why they should be your new favorites too!
- MetaBoost Salad from Freshii – Freshii is best known for their fresh and nutrition-packed menu items. The meta-boost salad is a perfect mix of mango, spinach and romaine, edamame, almonds, carrots, goat cheese and balsamic. You can also energize your salad with some protein – my favorite with this particular salad is turkey. Enjoy your meal on their lovely patio right next to Broadway on a warm summer afternoon.
- Arugula Salad from Riff’s Urban Fare – Riff’s has a stellar selection of seasonal menu items, including their seasonal salads. My favorite is always the arugula salad, which is typially updated for the warmer months of the year. Recently I dined on one of their fresh arugula salads with lemon zest. It was beyond yummy. Riff’s is the perfect restaurant, location and price for a date night or to celebrate a special occasion.
- Caeser Salad from The Corner – You can’t go wrong with anything from The Corner (and if you follow my Instagram, you’ve probably noticed that I post food from The Corner A LOT – it is undeniably one of my favorite spots in Boulder for many reasons). Their Caeser Salad is a pretty hefty meal. Don’t forget to try on of The Corner’s flavored sodas from their customised soda machine!
- Kale Salad from LYFE Kitchen – LYFE Kitchen is a bit underrated in my opinion, and undeniably has a great selection of fresh and delicious salads. Located on Pearl Street, this large eatery is a great place to study. The portions are perfect and menu prices are student friendly!
- Greek Salad from Falafel – If you are craving a Greek Salad, you can’t go wrong with Falafel, located right next to the beauty store LUSH on Pearl Street’s walking mall. Falafel is a perfect stop for lunch during a morning or afternoon of shopping. I also love to sit on their patio with a friend and enjoy the sunshine.
It hasn’t been so bright and sunny in Boulder so I’ve heard lately, but hopefully that will change soon! As they say – the weather is always unpredictable. Happy eating!