Winter Fun this Weekend and an Icy Mud Lake
Mud Lake is a great park to check out after a snow. The Nederland Park is known during the winter for its sweet snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Bicycles, horses, and leashed dogs are permitted also. Best of all, there is a nice picnic shelter for some lakeside hot cocoa at the park. You can find out more about Mud Lake here.
Other than Mud Lake here are some fun things to do (sort of outside) this weekend:
- Birds of Prey Driving Tour on 1/24/2015 at 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. with Boulder County Parks and Open Space (registration required) Free
- Newcomer’s Hike: Crash Course in OSMP on 1/24/2015 at 1-3:30 p.m. with City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, meeting at Chautauqua Ranger Cottage in Boulder. Free
- Star Party (With Telescopes) on 1/24/2015 at 5:30-7:30 with Boulder County and City of Superior, registration required, cost of $5
- Winter Heritage Day at the Walker Ranch Homestead on 1/25/2015 at 1-3 p.m. located at Walker Ranch (up Flagstaff Rd) near Boulder. Free
- Boulder’s Snowbirds on 1/25/2015 at 9-11:30 a.m. with City of Boulder OSMP, meet at Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Free
- Nature for Kid’s and Parents: Wildlife in Winter on 1/25/2015 at 1-2:30 p.m. with City of Boulder OSMP. Free
Have a wonderful winter weekend!