The Most Famous Home in Boulder
Mork & Mindy was a sitcom that aired between 1978 to 1982. The show centered on Orkan alien Mork and his friend Mindy. He is sent to earth by his Superior Orson. His mission is to observe human behavior and report back to Orson.
Location: 1619 Pine St. Boulder, CO
The show was filmed in California in front of a studio audience, shots of a Boulder, Colorado, home were often seen to set the scene.
After Williams’s death in 2014, fans flocked to the private residence and left memorials on the fence.
- Jay Leno auditioned for the show but was told his face would “scare children.”
- William Shatner appeared on the show and was paid in clothing.
- Mork was inspired by ‘Star Wars’ and ‘The Dick Van Dyke Show.
- The show was almost called ‘Mork & Melissa’ and ‘Mork & Marlo.’
- Pam Dawber refused to wear a padded bra.
- Williams was “the only alien to audition.”
- Robin Williams was often unscripted.
- Robin Williams Found Out About The Cancelation In A Magazine.
Boulder, Colorado, Was A Spur-Of-The-Moment Decision for the Mork & Mindy Show
Executive producer Garry Marshall didn’t have a set location in mind when it came to Mork & Mindy. In fact, Boulder, Colorado, was a spur-of-the-moment decision that kind of popped into his head.
At the time, Marshall’s niece was attending school at the University of Colorado Boulder. The city popped into his head while writing the plot, and it stuck.
Photo credit: Fan Pop